Photobucket

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Challenge "A" Strengths Dinner!

WOW!  Thank you, Carolyn Thames for arranging our location.  We had a posh, elegant, beautiful, intimate private room to sit and soak in God's presence as we discover who HE has created us to be.  I loved how the Lord weaved understanding and purpose into our hearts.  Hang on for the ride of your life!  This is just the beginning.


Don't forget that our assignment this month is to pull out any scriptures from your quiet time that help bring light to anything strength themes related.  We are seeking and asking the Lord how to use them to work to draw others to HIM and to serve, but also to point out when they become self-serving and pulls us AWAY from God!  

I thought it was GREAT that as I read through 1 Peter this morning He immediately pointed out WOO and how to use it for HIS glory! 
 
Friends, this world is not your home, so don’t make yourselves cozy in it. Don’t indulge your ego at the expense of your soul. Live an exemplary life among the natives so that your actions will refute their prejudices. Then they’ll be won over to God’s side and be there to join in the celebration when he arrives. ~ 1 Peter 2:11-12

Yes!  Lord, let me focus my WOO on winning others over to see your love, mercy, grace, hope, and purpose!  Please show me anytime I am using it to draw attention to myself.  That would lead to death and I want to always choose LIFE! 

I can’t wait to see what HE shows YOU this next month.  Make note and keep track so we can open up our next meeting with God’s word!
Loved our big beautiful table!
Lynette, I LOVED how transparent and genuine you were with where you're at.  I loved how God answered your question through Christa.  Your "RELATOR" (# 1 strength theme) is struggling because you've left where you've always related and are starting all over again.  Relating takes time.  I'm so glad that we get to be the ones to walk with you in this new journey.  


Dee Dee, you know what I adore about you?  I feel like we've been friends forever and I feel like we WILL be friends from here on out.  My heart so understands, gets, and LOVES you!  I love that Empathy proceeds your Communication and Includer themes!  You my friend are a builder!


Tonya, I love you Achiever theme!  Your strong sense of responsibility and organization will equip many of your fellow mama's, as you share with us those things that come so naturally and easy to you.  I look forward to you sharing your weekly schedule the next few weeks to model how you walk out Challenge A in your home! 


Erika, I was blown away by how God gave you understanding and clarity like never before.  I thought it was incredible that you and DeeDee have the same first theme, but coming from introvert/extravert how different it can look, yet it leads to the same outcome!  Empathy, allows you to be super sensitive to the emotions of those around you!

Our dinners were out of this world!  I hope we get the same wonderful waitress.  (Carolyn, can we request her?)

Carolyn, I think you are going to come back next month filled with facts, scriptures, thoughts, and idea's as your Learner theme activates to understand more fully how it works in your life and how you can use it to draw closer to the Lord, to your husband, and to your children!


Christa, though I have heard you talk about your Consistency theme many times I think you had a HUGE aha about Sam!  I can't wait for you to share that with Lynn.  I love how you are so teachable, humble, and engaged.  I could never do these dinners without you by my side.  I love you my friend! 



Love you ladies!  Tonya and Lynette, I'm sure you are sad that you left before I snapped this snazzy photo.  But don't worry there's always next month!


Remember that our goal this month is to dig into the Word and take note when we see God bringing understanding to our strength themes.  Write it down and we will open next month by sharing what GOD has shown us.  



Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment